Preserving eye health and enhancing your vision is the primary goal of Dr. David O’Day at Charleston Cornea and Refractive Surgery. Dr. O’Day’s offers one-on-one attention to each patient which sets him apart from others in the field of Optometry and Ophthalmology.
Many people think of their Optometrist as the Doctor to see when they need Eyeglasses or Contact Lenses. The experts at Charleston Cornea and Refractive Surgery do so much more as they treat and manage Eye Diseases. Dr. O’Day regularly diagnoses diseases both of the eye and the body such as Diabetes and high blood pressure during a comprehensive eye exam.
Contact Lenses or Eyeglasses?
Making a decision about your eyewear goes beyond good vision and makes a statement about who you are. Your decision affects how you see and also how you want to be seen by others. But with so many different styles to choose from, getting the right look for your face and your lifestyle can be overwhelming. Our staff will help you find the best fit for your specific needs and explain how different lenses and frames will impact your vision. They will help you narrow down your choices so you can find the look, fit and functionality you want from your eyewear.
- Eyeglasses are easy to maintain, you don’t have to touch your eyes to wear them (decreasing your potential for eye diseases), and Eyeglasses are cheaper to wear in the long run.
- Many people began wearing Eyeglasses when they were young children and became accustom to wearing them and continued on through adulthood. For some, they become an extension of their personality and also provided a great fashion statement. At Charleston Cornea and Refractive Surgery you can choose from hundreds of styles, colors, shapes and sizes in our Optical Boutique.
- As technology has advanced, so have Eyeglass lenses. In the past eye glasses were made of glass whereas today they are most often made of high-tech plastics. Glasses today are lighter in weight, thinner, more scratch resistant and do not break as easily as glass lenses. You can also have them treated with a filter to shield your eyes from damaging ultraviolet light. Learn more+
- The Doctors at Charleston Cornea and Refractive Surgery often hear people say that they just don’t think they can wear contacts because they can’t stand the thought of putting something foreign in their eyes. Technology has certainly changed the way contacts of today fit and feel.
- Dr. O’Day is an expert in helping find just the right Contact Lenses for your particular eye condition and has fitted many patients who thought they could not wear Contact Lenses. They will also show you the proper technique of inserting the lenses and with just a little practice, you should be ready to explore the world without Eyeglasses.
- Contact Lenses conform to the curvature of your eye, providing a wider field of view and causing less vision distortions and obstructions than Eyeglasses. Contact Lenses allow you the freedom of not having to wear Eyeglasses during sports and other outdoor activities. No longer will you have to worry about them falling off, breaking or getting in the way.
- Another benefit, you won’t have to search for them when you forget where you left them last! Learn more+
No matter what your vision-related issues are, it is crucial to have a skilled, caring, and trusted health care provider. If you live in Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, and Myrtle Beach SC or surrounding areas, consider visiting Charleston Cornea & Refractive Surgery for all your vision care needs. Feel free to visit our Optical Boutique at any time to view our collection of Contact Lenses and Eyeglasses. Call us at (843) 856-5275 for more information.